Perhaps one of the best things about owning a garage is the sheer amount of choice it offers you – for example, your garage can be converted to fulfil just about any purpose you can think of.
One of the choices to make concerning your garage is whether you’d like one double door or a pair of single doors. Aside from the aesthetic merits of the two styles, there are advantages and disadvantages to both options – below is a quick guide to help you make your decision.
Why choose a double garage door?
- Double garage doors help to maximise the space available to you, and are perfect for people with especially large or wide vehicles or who struggle with entering and exiting their vehicle
- One door is typically cheaper than a two-door setup, making it the better budget option
- You will also only need to pay for and maintain a single door opener, as well as only a single door remote
Why choose two single garage doors?
- Having two separate doors to your garage means you will still be able to access it if one door breaks down, whereas a failure in a one-door setup would render your garage inaccessible until repaired
- Two single doors make it much easier to divide your garage into separate sections – for example, one for your car and one for tool storage
- Being able to open your doors separately helps to avoid loss of heat or exposing parts of your garage to the elements
Overall, there are pros and cons to both styles of garage door. If your primary concern is vehicle storage then the extra space afforded by a double garage door may be your best bet, but if you want to use your garage for other purposes like a home gym or storage facility then two single doors would be ideal.
Whatever your choice, ABi Garage Doors have over 30 years of experience providing quality garage doors to customers in Barnsley and the local area. For more information, get in touch by calling 01226 229733 or filling in our simple contact form.